Get What You Deserve in Your Warranty Settlement
Your warranty period is coming to an end on your turbines—and negotiations with your manufacturer are about to begin. From designing an inspection plan and choosing an inspection provider, analyzing the inspection data, reviewing your warranty, and developing an optimal negotiation strategy, we’re here to help. We use our knowledge and experience so that you have a clear understanding of which defects are critical—and which are smaller points you can use as bargaining chips in your negotiations.
We understand how wind turbines are designed, analyzed, and certified. We’re also well-versed in the conditions that wind turbines operate in and the maintenance issues that impact their lifespan and maintenance needs. Company President, Rob Budny, spent eight years as mechanical engineering manager at a large wind turbine manufacturer and has been working in the rotating equipment industry for over 20 years.
Our End of Warranty Support Process
You need an objective third-party to help you understand the current state of your turbines. It starts by getting a thorough inspection of your equipment and a deep understanding of its history.
- Help select the right inspection provider for your project
- Research and assess the operational history of your turbines
- Review all existing materials, drawings manuals, maintenance records, and inspection reports
- Develop an inspection plan that efficiently collects all required data
Inspection companies specialize in documenting the condition of your equipment. We specialize in analyzing the inspection reports, and evaluating the severity of each defect noted
- Verify accuracy of the borescope inspection report
- Resolve any questions or discrepancies as to the severity of defects
- Prioritize warranty issues to create a negotiation strategy
From being on-call to answer questions as they come up to participating as a more formal player in the back-and-forth, our sole goal is to help you get the fixes you need. RBB Engineering has worked on both sides of the warranty negotiation process. We are intimately familiar with the concerns, motivations and constraints on each side, and use that knowledge to help you reach the most favorable settlement possible.